Current vacancies are published below, however we are always interested to hear from high quality candidates looking to join EY3.
Please send your CV and to:
Direct applicants only, no recruitment agencies please.
Design Engineer (Permanent / Contract)
- Posted 26th Nov 2019, closing date 20th Dec 2019.
- EY3 has a number of busy projects in progress such as touring cars and an EV landspeed record Motorbike. With these projects and some really exciting ones coming up, we are looking to increase our design capacity as follows:
- Permanent design Engineer – An ideal opportunity for an engineer with a few years of experience who likes a diverse challenge and wants to move to the next level.
- Contract design Engineer – A role that can be tailored to suit experience, with an emphasis on surfacing / composites.
- EY3 is a small and agile engineering company, which means you will get to work on all areas of a diverse range of Motorsport and other interesting vehicle projects. You will also follow and support the parts you design through manufacture and build in our workshop. Roles will typically include some or all of the following:
- Modelling and drafting of components and assemblies for a variety of Motorsport and high performance projects.
- Working on all areas of the car, from mechanical parts for IC/EV Powertrains and suspension, to surfacing and composites for bodywork and interior.
- Hand calculations and/or simple FEA to ensure parts are fit for purpose and robust.
- Liaising with internal production departments and external suppliers to ensure solutions are cost efficient, high quality and designed for assembly.
- Producing BOM exports and other information to assist our production department and creating build manuals for car build and spares ordering.
- Simulation work to aid with target setting and driving CFD development. Potential for track side support once projects reach that stage.
- Candidates need to be highly skilled users of 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX. Including modelling, drafting, assemblies and sheet metal, with FEA being an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience is required, preferably within some form of professional Motorsport.
- Working in a fast paced environment, tight deadlines need to be met, whilst achieving a high level of quality.
- EY3 has a flexible working policy to promote a good work life balance and reward employees for every hour they work in order to meet project deadlines.
- A practical ‘hands-on’ approach to engineering is important, with the interest and ability to get involved in the workshop from time to time.
- Versatility is a core attribute of EY3 and that comes directly from our employees. We are therefore keen to tailor the role to suit the right applicants skills and interests.